Monday, December 13, 2010

Smith Family Cemetery, A note from Anthony B. Cooper

Before



After

To All Volunteers -
First of all, I want to thank each of you for your hard work and dedication to the heritage of this area and taking care of those who pioneered this great country so many years ago. It was wonderful to see the youngsters out participating in such a great project. I have updated most of the photos to the memorials created on the findagrave.com website and will continue to work in restoring the headstones in bringing them back to a presentable fashion. I would ask that no one attempt to work at this site without working with me as I am wanting to document as much as possible to insure everything is documented via photos, etc. for the future of this wonderful part of Riverbend Plantation for all to enjoy for many years to come. I have the support of Mark Byrd, Dave Davidson and all of the developers and builders to continue with this project and I will be coordinating all of the efforts regarding the Smith Family Cemetery with the Riverbend Plantation Developers to ensure we complete this project in the proper fashion and create a memorial for those interred in our community.

I have attached some before and after shots of the cemetery we worked so deligently on and again I cannot express my excitement in the beginning of such a project and again thanks to all of those who were there to work and show their support. May you all have a wonderful and safe Holiday season and anytime anyone would like to do a little work in the cemetery just let me know and I will be there. Merry Christmas to All;

Anyone having suggestions, ideas, questions or just comments on this project, please feel free to contact me. Thanks again to all,

-Anthony B. Cooper
1003 Chattahoochee Drive
Bonaire, Georgia 31005